Join a Board
There are many ways to share expertise and time as a volunteer. Serving on a nonprofit board is one of them!
You can give back to the community in a powerful and personal way while simultaneously:
- Expanding your professional networks
- Enhancing your leadership skills
- Meeting personal development goals
- Learning about your community and its needs
Jericho Road's Leadership Connection program can help you be a great nonprofit board leader by training you in these key areas:
- Fiscal and legal oversight
- Strategic revenue generation
- Leadership presence
After completing the training, Jericho Road helps match you with a local board that best aligns with your skills and interests.
To learn more about The Leadership Connection program, or enroll in our next training, please contact us at
What Local Nonprofits Say About Boards
- 51.5% rate their boards as less than “effective”
- 54% report vacancies on their boards
- 86% find it “somewhat” or “very” difficult to recruit new members
*From a 2010 Jericho Road Survey of 85 nonprofit organizations in Lowell and Lawrence, MA.